Alternative media / culture, Anarchist, Anti-corporate, Anti- globalization, Alternative Globalization/Global Justice, Human Rights/Antiracism, Communist, Environmental, Fair Trade/Trade Justices, Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender / QueerRights, Health/HIV, Indigenous People, Labor, National Sovereignty/National Liberation, Peace/Anti-war, Food Rights / Slow Food, Socialist, Women’s/Feminist .
This experiment has been very successful and in the last decade there has been a transfer of power in as many as 12 countries in Latin America including Brazil to ideologies owing their allegiance to the communist ideology but with a toned down flavour of pink instead of Red. This is popularly known as the Pink Tide.
In 2005, the BBC reported that out of 350 million people in South America, three out of four of them lived in countries ruled by “left-leaning presidents ” elected during the preceding six years.
The Latin American countries viewed as part of this ideological trend have been referred to as “Pink Tide nations.
The World Social Forum was launched in 2001. It is a global forum of “Civil Society organisations” . Its first meeting was first held in Brazil and since then in a number of Latin American countries.
” The fact of the matter is that India needs a vibrant and broad-based Left movement. This has to happen at three levelsa. At the level of the Congress Party – as a network party, it is possible to revitalize leftist philosophy in the name of the ideals and ideas of Nehru.b. At the level of communist and socialist parties – it is time they rethink their strategies and position themselves as an integrated and broad-based Left alternative.c. At the level of civil society initiatives and social movements of a dense net work of NGOs and Popular activist movements have to be generated beyond party and politics.All these three forces, though in different locations, will have to co-ordinate and work together rather than undermine each other. They have to work to resist the capture of the Indian state by the elite, and against communal fascism, inequality, marginalization and corruption. “
” National Alliance of People’s Movements (NAPM) started as a process in 1992 amidst theimpact of Ayodhya incidence and globalization spree and took a definite shape in 1996 after a long national tour of 15 states by senior activists.It is an alliance of progressive people’s organisations and movements, who while retaining their autonomous identities, are working together to bring the struggle for primacy of rights of communities over natural resources, conservation and governance, decentralised democratic development and towards a just, sustainable and egalitarian society in the true spirit of globalism. We stand against corporate globalisation, communalism and religiousfundamentalism, patriarchy, casteism, untouchability and discrimination of all kinds. We believe an alliance emerging out of such a process with shared ideology and diverse strategies can give rise to a strong social, political force and a National People’s movement. In its quest for a larger alliance, beyond the people’s movements, NAPM also reaches out to integrate various civil society organisations and individuals working towards similar goals. “
The movement like other civil movements across the globe esp Latin American countries catapulted some leaders like Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia, Prashant Bhushan, Shazia Ilmi and so on and they took to politics and started the AAP, Aam Aadmi Party.
The leadership of AAP have not only hijacked the anti-corruption movement, indulged in name-calling of all politicians. Importantly their views of Kashmir , Batla House encounter,
Sandhya Jain in her recent article in niticentral, states ” There are also allegations that at the time of the Lokpal agitation, Kabir, an NGO run by Arvind Kejriwal and his close associate Manish Sisodia, reportedly received grants totalling $3,97,000 from the Ford Foundation.
Besides Sisodia, between 2007 to 2011, some high profile persons who were recipients of the Foundation’s generosity include Indira Jaising, director of an NGO called Lawyers’ Collective which promotes human rights for marginalised people $12,40,000; Yogendra Yadav, fellow, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (and front ranking leader of the AAP) $3,50,000.”
The biggest proof of the AAP leadership’s manipulative and traitorous nature is to fight for power while showing faults in the system without any systemic vision. Motif of disruption is evident from all this, which more or less confirms the doubt that they do all this at the behest of parties inimical to Indian interests.
5. Now it turns out that the book “Swaraj” which denotes Arvind Kejriwal as the author itself has been plagiarized by him. Intellectual Plagiarism by Arvind Kejriwal
6. “Kejriwal needs to tell the nation why and when did he think of snuffing out the IAC and giving birth to AAP. Unless he takes the country into confidence and explains what made him ditch Anna and why he formed the AAP after promising a million times that he would not enter politics, his political morality will barely equal that of any Aam politician. Unless he comes clean, he cannot and should not be trusted. What is the guarantee that the man who fooled his mentor Anna will not fool the people? ” Asks S.Gurumurthy – Read More
7. Kejriwal quits as Delhi CM on 14th Feb after lying that he is stepping down because BJP and Congress did not support Jan Lokpal Bill.
He then lies in a CII meet saying that Transparency International is giving a report that corruption has come down in Delhi during his rule. Transparency International denied any such report. Video Link
8. Medha Patkar announced as MP candidate of AAP. NAPM gives its support
— NAPM India (@napmindia) February 17, 2014
9. Ashwini Kumar Upadhyay, a member of AAP National Council suspects his party or its leadership at least has connections with US Central Intelligence Agency ( CIA ) .
10. Video expose of Arvind Kejriwal and Prasun Bajpai of AajTak. ( 9th March 2014 )
11. Founding Member of AAP, Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejrwail of selling party tickets for money – Feb 11th 2015; Link ; AAP sweeps Delhi polls 67 seats of 70 seats. BJP reduced to 3 seats while increasing its vote share over 2013. Congress reduced to zero seats and vote shifts to AAP.
12. AAP MLA insults the police inspector who was martyred by calling Batla House encounter as fake. He was basically articulating what his party leader, Arvind Kejriwal had said earlier for the sake of Muslim votes. Must be remembered that the terrorist organisation AuT had earlier called the two terrorists who had died as martyrs.
13. Arvind Kejriwal takes over as CM of Delhi once again. – 12th Feb 2015
14. Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP PAC for anti-party activities. Watch
15. Mar 2015 – Kejriwal Sacks AAP Internal Lokpal. Proves to the world that he will ruthlessly sack anyone who considers a thorn in his pursiuit of power. Read More