- Relation with US
- U.S. to hold high-level talks with Australia, Japan and India.
- The United States plans high-level talks with “Quad” security partners from India, Australia and Japan in September and October, President Donald Trump’s national security adviser said, while criticizing “very aggressive” behavior by China.
- O’Brien said the Quad relationship, which has been denounced by China, was coming into its own and likely to pay huge dividends.
- “We’re seeing a very assertive, a very aggressive China and the United States is not going to back down from its long-held principles that the world’s ocean ways and international waters should be free for navigation, and the same with space and with air rights and international airspace,” he said.
- On Thursday, the Pentagon expressed concern about China’s recent military exercises, including the firing of medium-range ballistic missiles in the South China Sea.
(Japan Today, 30 August, 2020) News Link