- 300 Doctors Offering Free Telemedicine Service To J&K Residents
- A group of 300 doctors from across the world have come together to set up a free telemedicine consultation service in Jammu and Kashmir to serve non-COVID-19 patients who have suffered as the focus of the existing healthcare infrastructure has been on dealing with the pandemic.
- Ehsaas International and Dard Welfare Society, in association with Kashmir Health Care Support Group, have initiated this healthcare consultative service, Hakim Mohammad Ilyas, general secretary of Ehsaas International, told PTI.
- “Considering the adverse impact the COVID-19 pandemic has put on the existing health infrastructure of J&K, we decided to launch ‘Dial a Doctor’ programme wherein people would get access to quality health consultations and services without leaving the four walls of their houses,” Hakim Mohammad Ilyas, general secretary of Ehsaas International said.
- “This was conceptualised keeping in view that hospitals are high risk places for contraction of COVID-19 and many medical ailments can be managed by telephonic consultations thus avoiding visit of patients to hospitals,” Hakim Mohammad Ilyas, general secretary of Ehsaas International said.
To ensure timely disposal of queries, a control room managed by doctors and paramedical staff has been set up with a toll free number 1800 889 2729 backed with 10 lines at the back end to avoid any inconvenience to the patients, Hakim Mohammad Ilyas, general secretary of Ehsaas International said.“In the last two months, more than 2,000 consultations have been provided to the people free of cost,” Hakim Mohammad Ilyas, general secretary of Ehsaas International added.
(Kashmir Observer, 27 September 2020) News Link