- Pak crackdown on oppn continues: Sedition case against Nawaz Sharif, PoK ‘PM’ and graft charges on Asif Ali Zardari
- Ahead of a planned opposition rally, Pakistan government on Monday registered a sedition case against former premier Nawaz Sharif, daughter Maryam and Pakistan occupied Kashmir ‘premier’ Raja Mohammad Farooq Ahmed Khan. Separately, a court in Islamabad charged former president Asif Ali Zardari in two corruption cases.
(Hindustan Times, 6 October 2020) News Link
- NGT refuses to quash EC granted to 1,320 MW Khurja Thermal Power Project in UP
- “The public hearing was held as per norms and video graphed. In the first meeting, the Expert Appraisal Committee sought clarifications and did not accept the EIA report as it is. In the second meeting, the clarifications were duly evaluated,” the NGT said
- The National Green Tribunal Tuesday refused to quash the environmental clearance granted to 1,320 MW coal-based super critical Khurja Thermal Power Project in Uttar Pradesh saying concerns for air and water pollution have been duly addressed.
- The green panel said the procedure laid down as per Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) notification of 2006 has been duly followed and detailed EIA report has been prepared by an accredited consultant dealing with all environmental issues exhaustively.
- The tribunal was hearing a plea filed by an NGO, SAFE seeking quashing of the environmental clearance granted to the Rs 9,747.5 crore project in Bulandshahr district which is to be implemented by state-run THDC India Ltd (THDCIL) and the UP government.
(Energy World, 6 October 2020) News Link
- Hyderabad: SNIST to hold meet on NEP
- The main agenda of the conference will be to collect views from all the young citizens of the country regarding inclusion of robotics in education curriculum through NEP and focus on finding the best implementation strategy of the education policy
(Telangana Today, 6 October 2020) News Link
- Implementation of NEP challenging: Dattatraya
- Himachal Pradesh Governor Dattatraya said that the Government of India has implemented a new National Education Policy in the country after 34 years.
- “In the current perspective, this new national education policy, which provides affordable education, skill development education to all, has many features but its implementation is also challenging,” he said.
- The Governor said that it is an important opportunity for Himachal Pradesh to take the lead in the field of education. Himachal has always excelled in the field of education and the state may work better in some educational reforms suggested in the National Education Policy, he added. He said that there is a need to identify areas in which the state could take an edge.
- Education Minister Govind Singh Thakur said that the cooperation of teachers is expected in the implementation of National Education Policy effectively in the state. He said that the New Education Policy has been announced after much deliberation, which is teacher and student centric.
(The Statesman, 6 October 2020) News Link
- AMU faculty delivers a lecture on language and NEP 2020
- Speaking on “New Education Policy-2020 and Language”, Dr Taher H Pathan, Incharge, Marathi Section, Department of Modern Indian language, Aligarh Muslim University said that the use of mother language in education has caught everyone’s attention due to the fact that mother tongue is compulsory up to class fifth and regional language up to class eight, as per as the New Education Policy 2020. The three-language policy has been retained and different languages of India have been given equal importance in the national policy.
(Indian Education Diary, 6 October 2020) News Link