I attended a meeting of Intellectual and Professionals today along with a few of my friends, in which Smt. Sushma Swaraj was the Chief Guest…..She was there to appeal the people to elect Sri N.Ramachander Rao as MP for Malkajgiri. Few points from her Brilliant speech. (The first two are Mighty Diplomatic Achievements….)
1) She recollected the Yemen incident which took place a couple of years back, in which India saved 5000 odd people ( 4000 Indians and the rest belonging to various countries)….. Saudi was attacking Yemen — Indians & many other foreigners stuck…To airlift Indians aerial attacks have to be stopped…On her request, Prime Minister Modi called Saudi head right in front of her and asked for one-week ceasefire….. They called back 30mins later and they said they can ceasefire for 2 hours only a day — how Yemen opened its airport for this Indian Operation — and how India could evacuate 5000 plus people including foreigners—and 48 countries requested India to evacuate its citizens safe from Yemen and how heart fully the heads of those countries thanked Indian PM.
2) The OIC meeting happened in March 2019(soon after the Balakot Airstrikes)…..Pak blackmailed the “Organization of Islamic Countries” that it would boycott the meeting if they allowed India…But OIC refused to listen and admitted India and forced Pakistan to skip the meeting…..and Pakistan was shamed……50 years back in 1969, in a similar situation, Pak could successfully thwart India’s presence in the meeting by a similar type of blackmailing…. and how things are different now.
3) No bomb attacks inside the country since the last 5 years and any terror attacks restricted to borders.
4) The Balakot Airstrikes and the tough decision of PM behind it.
5) How the opposition leaders are keen to believe Masood Azhar and Imran Khan but not prepared give credit to Army for the Airstrikes, Surgical strike and the political will behind it.
5) She blasted the Congress Manifesto which brazenly promises Removal of Anti Sedition law, Review of AFSPA, Soft approach in Kashmir, playing into the hands of Liberals and Anti nationals. There is a huge difference between Modi who came up the ladder after starting from Grass root level and Rahul Gandhi who is a sort of a prince…..Modi knows the pulse of Indians whereas the other is not even anywhere close to it.
6) And the Unprecedented development that happened in the last 5 years in so many areas. And how foreign countries expressed astonishment with her at such great progress. She said that the development is a reflection of Modi’s will power and also the clear mandate given by people of India in 2014 which empowered him to take bold decisions……
And finally, to end the meeting, she appealed all to vote for the development again.
Most of the Development aspects she mentioned can be seen in this slide👇
-A report by Jagadish